A Rogers Staple Since 1979
Al McCarty first opened his Jewelry Store in Helena, AR in 1971 after classes at the Gemological Institute of America. In 1979, following a jewelry salesman’s recommendation, Al moved his business to an available space in Rogers, and the new area felt like home. In the intervening 30 years, Al has provided the Northwest Arkansas region with the finest jewelry and service of the highest quality.
A Family Tradition Since 1915
Al came by his call to the jewelry business honestly. His grandfather opened a watch repair shop in Helena, Arkansas in 1915. You might say his business is an heirloom, a family treasure as precious as the jewelry pieces his family has always serviced for others.
Meet Our Family
A.V., the first of three generations of jewelers, opened a watch repair shop in 1915 in downtown Helena, AR. The watch and repair shop was the official railroad watch check center. The train times had to be exact to keep them from colliding. A.V. retired from the business in 1940 and the shop was taken over by his grandson Robert Elliot McCarty.
Alto started working as a watch repairman around 1925 in his father’s downtown Helena store. He and his wife, Jane added a line of gifts and jewelry in 1938. The McCarty’s opened their 2nd store in Helena in 1946 and offered a full line of jewelry, diamonds, watches, china, crystal, silver, and giftware. Alto closed the second location and retired in 1975.
Al became a full time jeweler in 1960 doing watch and jewelry repair in his family store in Helena. He attended several Gemological Institute of America repair schools and seminars on diamonds and colored stones.
Al and his wife, Carolyn, opened their first store in 1971 in West Helena, AR. In 1978, they moved to Rogers and bought Brinks Jewelry in downtown Rogers. They eventually moved the store to its current location at 1041 West Walnut. Al retired from the day to day operation of the business in 2010. Carolyn continues to be a presence in the store with her cheery demeanor, vast knowledge, and hometown service.
A.V. grew up watching his mom and dad run their jewelry store. He joined the family business full time in 1999, learning to repair watches and jewelry under the close supervision of his father Al, III.
A.V. has been recognized by the Gemological Institute of America as an Accredited Jewelry Professional. He has also earned certifications from the GIA in Jewelry, Diamond, and Colored Stone Essentials. A.V. is an active member of the local community. He participates in the local chamber of commerce, Benton County Ducks Unlimited, The Rogers Public Education Foundation, and the Rogers Optimist Club where he served as President in 2008 – 2009.